Frequency Adaptation is a gear that stacks armor with each autoattack from an enemy rig. This can be great against weapons with high attack speed.
Stacks armor on hit by auto attack.
Frequency adaptation is an effective, low maintenance gear for countering weapons with a high attack speed. Unlike some gear, the armor stacked from being hit by auto attack is armor that can be used against abilities as well as auto attacks. However it can only stack armor via being hit by weapon attacks. This can be a great way to use an opponents strength against him, for example stacking armor quickly by being hit with assault plasma as the enemy attempts to kite you, making your tank gradually tankier. Against team compositions reliant on weapon damage, this can result in a quick buildup of armor for your tank. It is also good against hives as the low damage auto attacks can help you stack armor cheaply. This can be a quick way to stack armor as well before a fight by aggroing nearby hive spawns to stack armor with their autoattacks with a low penalty in lost health.
- Low control, always on passive
- Unlocks early on for more survivability in farming.
- stacks can be farmed from hives quickly
- very effective against high attack speed weapons and rigs reliant on kiting
- Abilities do not help you gain stacks
- vulnerable to strategies that open with heavy ability damage, or are dependent on ability damage (pulverizer, rocket cluster)
- Passive sacrifices high effect gear for a boost in stats
- Since frequency adaptation depends on being hit with weapon damage, use abilities to melt down the enemy tank before it can gain any stats, making it highly vulnerable for a tank
- Gear such as shredder field not only dont apply stacks to frequency adaptation, but lower their armor further for additional damage from abilities
- Weapons such as pulverizer or thresher flail actives can apply consistent ability damage without allowing frequency adaptation to gain stacks